Winter round-up: It’s February?
The only things I remember from this whirlwind of a winter are a trip to NYC (for a Communications Executive Council conference and Paul Rudd), buying my first home, and ringing in what’s shaping up to be a pretty sweet year.
Somewhere in between, I did some writing:
- NBC may not have any faith in “Parenthood,” but I sure do – my Houston Press post from last year outlines why I think it’s the best family show on TV.
- Back in December, I got to interview Sugar Land’s own Katie Armiger for both Country Universe and Houston magazine. She’s a neat one – confident, composed and snarky in the best way.
- Speaking of Houston magazine, I loved interviewing this fabulous entrepreneur for the “Best of the City” issue. She’s as hilarious as she is inspiring – and talented, to boot.
- Around the first of the year, the Country Universe staff compiled our 2012 lists of top singles and albums, our most diverse sets to date. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to collaborate with these folks?
- Season 12 of “American Idol” is ridiculous, but it’s also fresh, engaging and — at least for now — ripe with talent. Last month, I covered the Houston sneak peek of the premiere for CultureMap, and I’ll be popping in here and there throughout the season.
I hope to be back in writing mode as soon as I figure out this whole homeownership thing. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with:
Happiness don’t drag its feet.
- This new hairstyle.
- This old beauty:
- This new (to the U.S.) beauty:
- And this overdramatic but partially true New York Times post on the end of dating. Funny and sad, no?