The University of Texas at Austin (2004 – 2008)
Bachelor of Journalism (magazine / print) with a minor in business
Major publicly traded international oil and gas company
Public and government affairs adviser for Qatar affiliate (November 2014 - present); Upstream communications adviser (May 2011 – October 2014); Public and government affairs adviser (October 2008 – April 2011); Public and government affairs intern (May 2008 – August 2008)
- Holds eight years of experience in developing and implementing public affairs and corporate communications strategies in the oil and gas industry.
- Manages strategic communications and media for the Qatar affiliate, including branding, executive speeches, press releases, interviews, external publications, advertising and social media. Skilled in coordinating the production of communications materials with business executives and external consultants.
- Designed and supported an innovative social media strategy to increase energy literacy.
- Managed the corporation’s global senior manager speech program, encompassing 100+ speaking opportunities per year for presidents, vice presidents and regional managers.
- For a more detailed summary, please see LinkedIn.
Nationally recognized and award-winning Houston weekly with 645,000 weekly circulation
Owned by the Village Voice Media group
Freelance blogger (June 2012 – present)
- Writes blog posts on music, pop culture and entertainment for Rocks Off and Art Attack, the music and arts / culture blogs, respectively, on the online edition of the Houston Press.
Houston’s first daily digital magazine
Contributing writer (January 2011 – present)
- Covers entertainment, music and television. Wrote Idol Insider column on American Idol (Seasons 10-13).
- Represents CultureMap on MyFoxHouston (Fox 26) as guest entertainment commentator.
Glossy lifestyle magazine with 50,000 monthly circulation
Published by Modern Luxury, the largest publisher of city magazines in the United States
Contributing writer (July 2010 – present)
- Writes profiles and feature articles on notable local artists, musicians and entrepreneurs.
- Represents Houston magazine on MyFoxHouston (Fox 26) as guest entertainment commentator.
Independently owned country music blog
Editor and contributing writer (April 2009 – present)
- Writes and oversees single reviews, album reviews and discussion posts; contributes to staff features such as best-of lists and live blogs.
- Published in Nashville Scene’s annual Country Music Critics’ Poll (2011, 2013, 2016) alongside national country music journalists, bloggers and writers.
- Editorial intern at Texas Monthly magazine (January 2008 – May 2008); Austin, Texas
- Editorial / new media intern at E! Networks (June 2007 – August 2007); Los Angeles, California
- Editorial intern at Tribeza magazine (January 2007 – May 2007); Austin, Texas
- Public relations / news intern at KUHF-FM Houston Public Radio (June 2005 – August 2005); Houston, Texas
- Student columnist and feature reporter for the University of Texas’ award-winning The Daily Texan (August 2005 – May 2008); Austin, Texas
- Student executive editor, assistant editor and staff writer for the University of Texas’ Burnt Orange magazine (August 2005 – May 2008;) Austin, Texas
Strategic communications, project management, public relations, event planning, speech writing, article writing, technical writing, communication strategy, editing / AP style, digital media, blogging, event management